Thursday, April 19, 2007

Validation through Verification

Where have I been the last few days? I've been slogging away at a tutorial and accompaning videos that explain our new mechanism for validation. We call our implementation "Verification" because Microsoft has several "validation" offerings, each with its own "Validation" namespace; talk about confusing!

If you want to check it out, visit our training videos page. It's not completely finished as I write this (apologies especially to my VB friends); I expect to remedy the shortcomings by next week.

Meanwhile, I've been getting ready for the CAB webinar next week (check out our web site for details). I know many people want advice on how CAB works and how to write CAB applications. I'm looking forward to answering that call in print and video (I've been teaching classes about it for over a year).

It has been clarifying to concentrate solely on why CAB makes business sense. It is the rare developer who commands his own budget. Like it or not, we have to explain our choices to a skeptical, non-technical audience. It would be handy to have a ready-made case to present to that audience. I'm hopeful that this webinar can help fill that bill.

No comments: